Meet Jennifer Fountain, AMSkier Personal Insurance Agent Partner. Jennifer has three children, a full time job and is very active in her community. She’s a busy bee and certainly empathizes with the struggle to keep a hectic life in balance. She also knows that it is very important, no matter how busy you are, to take the time to be prepared for anything. September is National Preparedness Month so take a few tips from our Personal Insurance Agent, Jennifer Fountain!“Our family has an evacuation plan, just in the case we ever experience a true disaster. We know where we will go, how we will get there, how we will stay in touch and who will know where we are. This plan is spelled out and distributed to everyone in our family. We’ve practiced and rehearsed this plan. It’s important for all families to do the same. To make it easy for you, I’ve created a 5 point checklist below!”
- Designate a place for all family members to meet. Make sure the meeting place is outside the impacted area.
- Map out an evacuation route. Make sure you have alternate routes mapped out in case your main route is blocked.
- Decide how family members will communicate if separated. Have alternate communication plans with which everyone is comfortable in case there is no phone service. Obtain cell phone numbers for texting; often times text messages will go through when cell service is compromised.
- Keep fuel in your car. Determine how much fuel you will need to reach your meeting place.
- Identify a contact person outside the affected area. Give their contact information to everyone in the family so they can serve as points of contact should you get separated.
- Obtain & keep portable communication devices in your survival kit. Be sure your survival kit includes a portable radio or television and fresh batteries to ensure you can get the most up-to-date information if faced with an evacuation.
Was This Helpful? Get More Content Like This!
Join Our Broad & Bright Mailing List By Signing Up Below
AMSkier Clients already receive these articles and much more.